In Spain, GLP (propane – butane) with a 3.2 ± 0.2 bar pressure at 20ºC is by far the most common used propellant in the aerosol industry, followed by Dimethyl Ether (DME) for specific applications or of higher technical level.
There are also additional options that offer a distinction and give an added value to the product.
Based on GRIT’s experience and success cases in recent times, we also propose the following options for more specific applications:
- Isopentane or blend of Isopentane/Isobutane. These propellants are used for the shaving gel production.
- GLP blends with a different pressure than 3.2 bar; by increasing or decreasing it, the aerosol performance will improve
- R-152a (1,1.difluoromethane) for the polyurethane foam aerosols or cosmetic products for the US market where GLP is considered VOC (volatile organic compounds).
- DME blends with GLP for technical applications
- HFO blends for non-flammable applications
- Propellants for cooling in topical uses
- Propellants with added solvents for freezing
All these propellants can be designed, developed and supplied by GRIT in all kinds of packaging sizes like isotanks, cylinders or bottles. For further information do not hesitate to visit our website www.gasesgrit.com or contact us at www.gasesgrit.com/en/contact .